- Oh my fucking god I just had the longest day which makes me a wonder and delight to be around. (I'm sure I've written that before - dammit.) It got especially bad when I got out my sternest look and finally convinced Marie to go to sleep in her new room when a certain someone I may be married to started to make a shit ton of noise downstairs. Next thing she's standing at the top of the stairs shouting she wants to go out to a theme park. I may or may not have exploded at two people, who are now on their own to get one of them to sleep again.
- This longest day was spent quite productively at least. Out with my mother and the children to buy some breastfeeding bits and pieces. There's this new shop in Brussels which is just brilliant. It's filled with only breastfeeding clothes and accessories. Fashionable clothes, frilly lacy bras (with matching frilly knickers!), presentable PJs and nighties for in the maternity ward. I had given up hope, really. Never thought this kind of thing existed. But it does! So hurray!
(Anyone in the neighbourhood wanting the address, send me an email.)
- After that, we went to have lunch in a zoo on the way back. There was a huge downpour while we were sitting eating on a covered deck, surrounded by greenery. I was deliriously happy to have all the elements all around us. The wind, the rain, the thunder overhead, all raging in the plants around the terrace.
Afterwards, we went to check out the progress of the baby lions. They were quintuplets, but now there are only four. The smallest one was limping and staying behind last time we saw him, so it wasn't a surprise but still a little sad. The other four sisters are thriving.
- Back at home, Babes had to stay late at work again (yes, the slut hasn't tired of him yet apparently) so there was still dinner to organise by myself and potties to empty - that kind of thing.
- Now I just want to flop into our big new sofa, but it has a weird new sofa smell which is upsetting my inner hypochondriac - I'm sure it's some horribly carcinogenic chemical which is slowly killing us all.
- My world is tiring today. But full. So it's all good.