Thursday, 25 November 2010

Self-portrait with hat

Ha! I just put Charlie in his going-outside bear suit, plonked him in the pram, jiggled him a little bit and parked him in front of the window with BBC World News on next to him for some noise. He thinks he's out for a walk and is fast asleep. He fell for it because babies are stupid that way. Don't get me wrong - for a three month old he's very clever but he's hardly my go-to man for nuclear fission advice - yet.

Of course I should be using this small window of freedom to nap, and if not to nap then at least to provide you with some pearls of wit or information. Forget it, people. I am a zombie today. I've been playing with my webcam, though. I've had this laptop forever and it has one built-in, but this is the first time I've activated it. I was horrified - horrified, I tell you - at how tired/pale/grey-haired I looked, so instead of inviting friends and family to videochat, I thought I would do a series of self-portraits for the blog. As you do. When you have a rare moment. (Sorry, Babes, I know I'm meant to be clearing a space for your parents to sleep in. Now you know what I do when you're toiling away at work. I dress up in silly outfits and photograph myself.)


Vision in red, too much nose. Kind of French?


This is a bit too terrorist, I reckon. I was going more for '80s rocker, but I'm afraid I ended up more "about to blow myself up." Not ideal.


And then we have the Scottish-Russian combo, with a flirtily tilted face.

Yeah, I admit I've lost the plot somewhat. And now Charlie's woken up. Serves me right for calling him stupid. Sayonara, my people. I need to tidy my hats.

13 comments:

  1. Now I'd recognize that face anywhere :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like number one..looks a lot like me today, in this cold...yes, number two is a little disturbing, some sort of guns and roses throwback there...Flirty Tilted face is also nice...tho I dont know how well that flirty look would work what with your ENTIRE face being covered...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I've just had a sneak peek of next months Vogue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Love. You need some time in the warm sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "they're coming to take me away ha ha he he ho ho" - you do look rather grey, did you dust on the talc or had you just changed a nappy in a plume of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ever dress like that an American airport. They'll 'av you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am particularly tickled by the middle one... Probably best to avoid airports looking like that

    ReplyDelete
  8. The third is my favorite!

    I wish I had known the window+TV trick with Stella. You are an evil genius.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha..uncle cesar is that you????

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the third one. You could be Sarah Palin trying to disguise herself in the wilds of Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny. I was just wishing I could see some photographs...but I totally understand why you blog anonymously. Maybe if I did that, I would still have my job!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, make my day!