- Jack is seven today. I'm sure that makes me officially old, but I've unilaterally decided that I won't be old until he's 18. It's all in the mind, you see.
- I am reading a book with the best title ever: The thing about life is that one day you'll be dead, by David Shields. After a title like that, I suppose the contents can only be a letdown, but one chapter in I'm still excited. We'll see.
A little quote from the "Prologue" for you:
[Talking about his father] He's strong and he's weak and I love him and I hate him and I want him to live forever and I want him to die tomorrow.My kind of book so far.
- I have (once again) decided that Charlie is now going to be a good sleeper. The sign I needed was that, in the past two days, he has twice fallen asleep in his buggy and slept on when I took him out to put him into his bed. Surely that's a definite preamble to spiffing sleeperdom. Let me clutch those straws, people.
- The summer holidays are starting tomorrow. I have been dreading them, as I was pretty much failing at motherhood without having to look after all three kids 24/7 the last few weeks. However, I have now reframed the event in my mind and it's helping me. Here's how I see it now: all year, I have been forced by the schools / choirs / sports clubs etc. to spend my time as they saw fit, whereas now I will be in control. Therefore the holidays will be better. The end.
Feel free to borrow this argument if you are in the same situation and need to convince yourself that you can survive the vast eternity that is the summer holidays. You're welcome.
- Also I need exercise, blah blah blah. You know the drill. At least I'm back in my pre-pregnancy jeans so hurray summer sales here I come. I knew replacing all solid foods with white wine would work.
- Oh, and you know I miss you all, right? I'm working on the inspiration / time to write thing. Obviously it will all sort itself this week as Charlie will now sleep well and the holidays will give me all that free time to blog.
Damn, now I have become delusional as well.