Friday, 16 September 2011

Why the hell not? (x3)

  1. Yesterday, I was driving through the center of Antwerp, on my way to have lunch with An. When I had to slow down to turn a sharp corner, this old lady just got into my car. I barely managed to snatch the child seat out from under her bum. She said she was late getting to the other end of the street, and I wouldn't mind dropping her off of course. It wasn't a question, really. More of a statement. She was all tanned, manicured, high heeled, expensively dressed and coiffed. She left a big cloud of perfume in my car. It made me laugh for the rest of the day. It was just so unexpected.
  2. Going out last week, I had nothing to wear. I did have this beautiful pair of jeans in my wardrobe, but I never wore them because I bought them too long. I always intended to shorten them, but seeing as I never ever complete a sewing task, they now had holes in the bottom of the trouser legs from where I wore them a couple of times and stepped on them with my heels. So I got a big pair of scissors and just cut them off. I now have gorgeous new (slightly frayed) jeans which make my legs look endless. Ever since I did this, I have noticed lots more people with cut off trouser legs. I never even considered it before! It felt most liberating, I must say.
  3. Then finally, I must blush a little. You know my little priorities speech? I can tell you there's been some progress. I now have a space to write (it's in the bedroom, but that's better than in the kitchen) and I have sat there and written a bit. I now have 10,000 words of complete crap. Which is better than no crap at all, but still not exactly what I was aiming for.
    However, I have to eat my book club hat because a lovely friend dropped round and asked me to come back, which made me walk around on little clouds for a day. Who could say no? I have decided I will only read the books I like the sound of, and the other times I will just go along and enjoy the company of thinking women. It's only once a month, and frankly I crave intelligent conversation these days. So - why the hell not?

13 comments:

  1. The woman just got in your CAR? That's crazy!
    I am proud of you for all of your good stuff here. Crap? I doubt it.
    Love you, dear Mwa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for pages of crap and book clubs! Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a person that is flexible enough to make adjustments about decisions they have made have enormous cognative intelligence.

    I had an old man do exactly the same thing to me once, he just got in my car and told me to take him to the doctors in the next village. I am looking forward to being old enough to jump post office queues and use the free 'bemused' taxi service!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An, may she....? Or may her...? Snif.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly, why not? 10' words of crap is a great starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just gave me tingles. 10,000 words of crap IS better than nothing. Keep going! Crap can be turned into gold, what you really want is a first draft then you can fix it up. You're doing great! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have to write the tens and tens of thousands of words for crap to the to the word that isn't. It's such a cliche but it's true.

    I'm also battling with prioritisation - am amazed that anyone with three children including a new'un can write TEN words of crap, let alone 10,000. I'm struggling to average 500 a day at the moment but one has to keep on keep on...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, she just got into your car and commanded you. See that's why you pay for pedicures and manicures. Doing yourself doesn't get you free rides.

    10000 words of crap is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for the 10,000 words of crap, many authors are millionaires producing exactly that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There have been many times when I've been tempted to ask someone to take me somewhere in their car when I was running late. Unless I was bleeding from the head, I never would though. Until I'm old and obviously senile, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahah1!!!!!! that is an awesome story!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another things this cheap wow gold create a bank alt, this also the basic of the leveling which will assist you with your Best WoW Gold Making Professions is critical at this stage of the game as you don't want to waste precious leveling time running back to the City to sell your stuff on the Auction House. simple that you should raise your character to level 5. With a good wow gold farming guide you will find the wow gold legal ways to make the wow gold fast and you will find that a wow gold farming guide is so important for us. Due to the nature of World of Warcraft whether you play as a Horde Player or an Alliance player you will find you need a lot of gold especially in the later levels when you will need a good steed. In the World of Warcraft there are so many spots to farm for gold, silver and bronze ,so there are plenty of World of Warcraft farming guides on the web and they will show you the best and quickest way to obtain vast wowgold amounts of gold in the shortest time possible.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, make my day!